There are so many baby registry suggestions out there, but these listed here are things I swear by and have saved many sleep-deprived nights and/or long kid-unfriendly outings. I just want to make your life easier!
*Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- Sleep N Play Outfits: I love the simplicity of these! Lightweight enough for the hot summers of Southern California yet can be easily layered for chilly nights! These ones in particular are awesome because… THEY UNZIP FROM THE BOTTOM!!! Game changer! Combined with the swaddle blankets listed below and it is possible to change baby without waking her!!!
- Swaddle Me by Summer Infant: Love, love, LOVE! They make swaddling so much easier for the mombie and for the occasional babysitter. You just follow the Velcro tabs and baby is swaddled off to dreamland! Tip: the center tab can be undone to quickly change baby in the middle of the night with baby still mostly swaddled. I’ve successfully changed baby’s diapers without waking the little monster.
- Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat: We’ve been through a number of car seats and this one has been the easiest to install, easy to adjust for baby’s growth and comes in light colors for those hot, summer days! (How come no one warned against me buying a black car seat?)
- Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Play Sleeper: This is the best! Baby 1 & 2 both slept in this for the first few months. It can fold up and is extremely portable. (To grandma’s house we go!) It’s also the perfect height to have next to our bed and somehow baby always ended up cuddled in my arms by the morning, so I guess it was an easy transition? 😊
- BabyHome Dream Bassinet: I loved transitioning to this bassinet after baby started sitting up in the Rock ‘n Play. It’s so chic, lightweight and also very portable. The legs can be switched between wheels, stationary and rocker. We kept it on rocker mode and baby often rocked herself to sleep. Joy! I’ve also heard of people taking it while traveling to eliminate sleepless vacation nights because baby had their familiar bed with them!
- Video Baby Monitor: We love our monitor! We can peek in from anywhere because it’s attached to an app on our phone. I know some worry about hackers but we put a password and change it every so often so this is not an issue. Some of the features that we love are: night vision, audio, an intercom, and adding multiple cameras!
- Buttons Cloth Diapers: To be honest, I use a mixture of cloth and disposable depending on whatever is easier at the moment but these are our favorite because they are affordable, efficient, super simple and super cute. If you are considering cloth for your new one, these should top your list!
- Buttons Flannel Baby Wipes: I go through these so quickly because they are so versatile! As long as they’re clean you can use them anywhere: drool, spit-up, or sticky fingers. Just add water.
- Era Organics Healing Balm: This stuff is miraculous. It won’t save you from being mostly dead (points if you can name that movie!), but it will heal diaper rash in a matter of a couple hours, get that cradle cap off, and is a great chapstick when you forget yours at home. It really is a workhorse!
- Puracy Natural Baby Shampoo & Body Wash: Smells so good 😊. It’s got none of that scary ingredient stuff like sulfates and formaldehyde while also being hypoallergenic and gentle for babies with sensitive skin.
- Silicone Breast Pump for Breastfeeding with Lid: LOVE THIS THING!! With it, I was able to make a week’s worth of a milk stash in one week without lugging out the breast pump. Just stick it on the boob you’re not using while breastfeeding and voila! Easy-peasy.
- Milkies Milk Trays: Combined with the silicone breast pump and you’ll be ready for work in no time! They are ice trays made specifically for breast milk with each compartment measuring exactly one ounce. Also, the milk cubes will fit any and all bottles! Just freeze, pop into a freezer bag labeled with the date then defrost as needed!
- Moby Wrap: The thing about babies is they want to be held all the time! Which you have to stop and appreciate because it’s a moment that won’t last forever. But sometimes you need to do things with your hands. This wrap allows you to do both! So great. Usually I have the toddler in the stroller or the grocery cart and the baby snoozing away nestled on my chest. It’s enough to make a postpartum momma gush.
- Luna Lullaby Bosom Baby Nursing Pillow: This pillow is shaped to account for a body behind it. I have the other one but the thing would deform every time I tried to use it. This one has covers that are so soft and it’s big enough to use as a body pillow while in the pregnancy stage.
- Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump: I’m not going to lie: pumping sucks. It’s loud and uncomfortable but this pump is efficient. I work twelve hour shift and all I would need to do is one 15-20 minute pumping sesh and done!
- Dr. Brown Bottles: I never use these but my husband swears these bottles make happy babies. No gas bubbles or reflux.
- Dr. Brown Bottle Brush: I don’t know how I washed dishes before these! Yeah, they are perfect for bottles but everyone should have one for tall cups, tumblers, tiny jars and more! Added bonus is that it has a suction cup to hold it in place next to your sink.
That’s my list. Do you have any great finds that have made your days easier that other mommas should add to their registry? Please share!
Love & Hugs,