Well, I’ve got to go back to work soon, but I’m so nervous about how pumping will go that my bag has been packed since last week. I work nights, so I get a little more freedom of when and where I can pump since there’s way less people around. Still, something always messes with my pumping schedule, so I have to be ready to pump when an opportunity presents itself. Here’s what I’ve got packed:
- Pumping Bag: There are so many options out there now! Sarah Wells, Ju Ju Be, Bananafish and more make great bags that have a dedicated slot for your pump, so you can set it up without even taking it out of the bag! I like this one.
- Extra pump parts: You don’t know how essential one part is until you forget it at home. I’ve been known to use my lunch break to run to Target ☹
- Bottles (with caps) or this which allows you to pump directly into a storage bag.
- Nursing Cover: I have a set up at my work where there is a possibility of someone walk in on me pumping on accident, so I pack this up just in case
- Hands-free Bra: Get one so you can still do stuff instead of having your hands glued to your breast pump for 20 minutes. I love this one because it can fit anyone even when with your boob’s constantly changing sizes.
- Wipes: To wipe down any splashed milk, clean off an area to set your parts down, and to wipe your parts before storing away.
- Nursing Pads: Sometimes I forget to wear some… Whoops!
- Cooler: I like this inconspicuous one to hold my lunch at the beginning of the day and my pumped bottles and pump parts later.
- Water Bottle: For some reason, I drink a ton more water using this. I swear it makes the water taste better… Remember, breastmilk is mostly water!
Yay! A little less nerve-racking now that I have everything ready 😊 Did I miss something? Let me know in the comments.